Saturday 9 Could've Been

Could've Been

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
 Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?

I was briefly engaged to a guy I dated in college.  His favorite band was Queen.




2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?

I love to go to concerts.  One of my favorite venues is the Jones Beach Theater.  It's an open-air amphitheater, with the stage located in Zach's Bay.  At this venue I've seen Rod Stewart, the Rascals, Jimmy Buffett, Fleetwood Mac, John Fogerty, the Backstreet Boys, Neil Diamond....


3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?


In 2005 I was treated for cancer.  I'm still here. 'nuf said.


4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 50th state? 

I've never been to our 50th state (Hawaii), nor have I been to our 49th state (Alaska). Both are on my bucket list.  

(The show was called Hawaii 5-0, not Hawaii 4-9...)

5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the pre-historic Flintstones?

Loved them both.  But Fred Flintstone was such a memorable character....
6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?


No, and I really need to start. 

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?




8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?


Nope.
9) Random question: Do you find it easy to sit still, or are you fidgety?


I need my Fitbit to remind me to get up and walk....





 

Comments

  1. Right now I seem frozen in place. Fear, worry, concern does that to me.
    Love the Queen song. Sad that so many of our talented actors, singers, musicians have died due to their excesses because of one big problem. Too much money, too much fame.
    I too am a cancer survivor. Mine was only back in 2013. Took me a long time to get back to living.
    Jetsens or Flintstones? Flintstones for sure. George Jetsen was a silly character, but Fred Flintstone was a good guy.
    I have been to Alaska. I loved it there! Oddly enough, I was on the Diamond Princess Cruise!
    I have not been to Hawaii but it is on my Bucket List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we are living in interesting times. I hope that when things get back to normal we can both attack our Bucket lists

      Delete
  2. Corrected my error. You are right. Alaska is our 49th state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer or even a cancer "scare" will teach you a lot about yourself.
    I need to start moving, too. It's been too easy to be total slug while stuck at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm feeling like a slug and need to get up and move. a slug lately...

      Delete
  4. I am a fidgeter, I can't sit still...never could and I remember getting in trouble in grade school. My folks always got a note sent home, grin. Go figure, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's who you are. You should

      Kids need physical activity as well as intellectual activity in school.

      Delete
  5. I been to Fair Harbor on Fire Island a couple of times, some friends who live on Long Island knew the doctor for Fair Harbor and we used to go there for a cookout at the doctor's place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to start staying more fit too...walking or something. Geez! I give myself a pep talk every night and talk myself out of it every morning. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to a few outdoor concerts and there was something so special about the clear night sky. (James Taylor and Sting most memorable)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have loved to see the Rascals. Love It's a Beautiful Morning and that would be a good song to be thinking about right now! What a cool place for a concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great concert. it was the tour where Eddie Brigati rejoined the group.

      Delete
  9. Doesn't seem right that Tiffany is pushing 50...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I preferred the Jetsons to the Flintstones. But I watched them both. Funnily enough, I didn't hear much Tiffany when she was popular even though I was in high school, so I was totally her target audience. But I preferred a different type of music then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly you didn’t miss much. She’s a decent singer but nothing spectacular

      Delete
  11. Robin,

    I loved reading through your responses and listening to your mewsic selections. Great fun! BTW, I'm a fidget. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday