#skywatchfriday -- Flyover

We had some excitement here on Long Island Tuesday afternoon.

A flyover!

Blue Angels And Thunderbirds Salute New York Coronavirus Responders With Flyover

Yes, the Navy Blue Angels and the Air Force Thunderbirds did a flyover, primarily over NYC, but the flight path also took them right over Drew's house!

We could see them for all of 15 seconds, but it was beautiful.

I had my phone in hand but didn't have time to take a photo or video.  But all the news organizations reported it.  Here is video from WNBC.



I'd never seen the Blue Angels, but I have seen the Thunderbirds before.

The Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach is an annual Memorial Day tradition.  It includes military and civilian aircraft, stunt planes, historic planes, even parachute  jumpers.  The Blue Angels were supposed to be this year's headliners, but sadly the show is another victim of the coronavirus.

I saw the dress rehearsal for the 2017 show. The Thunderbirds were the headliners that year.

And I was able to get photos and video at the beach.













#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. If I have a chance to watch this beautiful flyover, I would be very excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard the flyover would happen, it brought tears to my eyes. My cousin in Queens saw it but, like you, it was too quick to take any pictures. I enjoyed your first airshow video. It's been years since I've seen either the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool to be that close. They do this air show at Huntington Beach, and we can see the flyovers from my dad's house. Much better than braving the crowds on the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday