Saturday 9 -- I don't care

I Don't Care

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



 Saturday 9: I Don't Care (2019)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This song begins with Ed Sheeran admitting he's not enjoying the party he's at. What's something you have to do this weekend, but don't want to do?

Actually, there's nothing bad on the weekend agenda.  I'll be doing my thing -- reading, watching TV, internet, maybe a walk outside....


2) Justin Bieber sings about trying to have a conversation at a party. Have you seen any of your social gatherings cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic?

If not for the virus we'd be at a restaurant celebrating a friend's birthday.


3) Both Ed and Justin conclude that this party -- and everything else -- is okay because they're with the ones they love. Who in your life always makes you feel comfortable and content?

My boyfriend/partner/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.  His  name is Drew, and he's my rock.



4) Ed and Justin have both appeared on The Simpsons. Are you a Simpsons fan?

Not really.  Though I did love the Simpsons  ride at Universal Florida.


5) Speaking of animation, Ed Sheeran has said that he'd love to do a Disney soundtrack, like Elton John's Lion King. Do you have a favorite Disney movie?

Of course!  I'll mention one from the classic period and one from the modern.  Classic Disney, my favorite was Sleeping Beauty.  Modern, it's got to be Beauty and the Beast. 

Did you catch the Disney singalong Thursday night?  Donny Osmond singing with his grandchildren? I feel old ...

But singing along with “A Dream Is A Wish” made me cry.

More tears last night.  Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS streamed a concert from last November, a celebration of 25 years of Disney on Broadway.  I miss live theater.   Of course I made a donation... it’s a wonderful organization, I’ve been supporting their good works for years.  This time around they were raising money for out of work actors, stage hands, etc., who lost their jobs when Broadway shut down.

The medley from Mary Poppins made me cry.  I remember buying tickets to that show on Broadway because the original movie is one of Drew’s favorites.


6) Justin Bieber is fluent in French, and Ed says he knows enough to get by. Say something to us in French.

Je ne parle pas français.

7) Justin can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes. Are you good at puzzles?


I do enjoy puzzles.  I can solve a lot of them.  But I never figured out how to solve a Rubik's Cube.
8) In 2019, the year this song was popular, 20 new governors took office. Tell us something about the governor of your state (or commonwealth)?


I'm a New Yorker.  Need I say more?

I'll let Randy Rainbow say more...








9) Random question: Did you more recently give a compliment, or receive one?

I've got a friend who is going through a rough patch right now, a lot of bad news to absorb.  I think she's handling everything beautifully and that she will overcome the obstacles life is throwing at her. And I told her so.

Comments

  1. I've never seen anything on Broadway, and I've only been to NYC once, back in the '80s. A musical on Broadway is on my bucket list though. I'd love to have heard the Mary Poppins medley! Have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this virus thing is over, you have to come. There is nothing like a Broadway show!

      Delete
  2. He of the purple socks has grandkids? I mean, I do, too, but still....
    That video is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the purple socks guy has grandkids ...

      Glad you liked the video

      Delete
  3. Your governor has been remarkable, given the circumstances. I've watched some of his press briefings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Cuomo-sexual, too! :)

    It's been forever since I've been on an amusement park ride. Your mention of Universal makes me want to get in line for a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s going to be awhile until we can go on rides again... I miss it.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! That video is brilliant. My husband calls his press briefings The Cuomo Hour. I watched them for a bit, but they scared me to death since I do not live there, I thought it would be best for me to not scare myself to death. It seems like New York always gets hit hard with the bad stuff. I hate that.
    I am a Beauty and the Beast fan too. Love it! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. #NewYorkTough. Cuomo will see us through.

    Beaty and the Beast, my younger daughter (age 27) thinks she’s Belle. Which is ok, because the older one (age 29) thinks she’s Rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are websites explaining how to solve a Rubik's Cube. One of these days I'll get one (my original one is lost...) and try them out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-R0KrXvWbc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like almost anything Disney. I grew up going to Disneyland in Anaheim. I have gone for several years with my grands and love to watch them. We have see Broadway like shows at Disney's California Adventure. Aladin and Frozen, seen in the Hyperion Theater. I saw Phantom on Broadway back in 2008. I think NY Gov. is doing a pretty good job considering the gravity of the Covid 19 disaster in NY. The Parody was funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never been to Disneyland, but I’ve spent a lot of time in WDW in Florida. I hope to go again someday.

      Loved Phantom, saw it twice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A