Bunny ears and the Saturday 9


The Easter Bunny Bop

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: The Easter Bunny Bop (2015)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song encourages little ones to celebrate Easter by doing a little dance. Do you feel like dancing this morning?

I am physically and emotionally drained, the last few weeks have been difficult.  I need to find the joy.

2) Everyone in this video is wearing bunny ears. Target, Amazon and other retailers sell bunny ear headbands sized for adults and priced at about $5. Will you be wearing bunny ears, or perhaps a more conventional chapeau, this weekend? Or, because of the corona virus, will your Easter attire be the same as any other day?

I don't celebrate Easter, so no bunny ears.  I celebrated Passover earlier this week.  It was a strange version of the holiday. But what could be more Jewish than acknowledging our people surviving an ancient  plague in the middle of a modern plague?

3) This week's featured artists, The Bounce Patrol Kids, are a children's entertainment juggernaut: CDs, DVDs, downloads, and t-shirts. Additionally, they often update their YouTube channel because they want children the world over to have access to their upbeat, energetic songs for free. Besides the Bounce Patrol, what's the last YouTube video you watched?




Jimmy Fallon looks like he's having the time of his life, doesn't he?

4) According to Forbes magazine, the average American household spends $20.66 on candy each Easter. Will you be consuming candy this weekend?

Of course.

5) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it's possible to have too much chocolate?

Too much chocolate? Bite your tongue!

6) After chocolate, the top-selling Easter candy is Peeps Marshmallow Chicks. They're so popular that, in 2018, they were the subject of a Jeopardy clue. Do you often watch Jeopardy?

Jeopardy! is almost a religion in this house.  I recently bought Drew a shirt from the show's website that says "Don't Call Me At 7:00", because he's been saying that for years...

Two  of my friends have competed on the show.  Neither of them won, unfortunately.

7) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. In a 2019 poll, jelly bean fans responded that Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn is their favorite flavor. Sam is crazy about cherry. Do you have a favorite?

Right now there's half a bag of Brach's jelly bird eggs in my pantry.  I like all of the flavors except the black ones.    

But I think my favorites would be Jelly Belly cotton candy, Dr. Pepper, French vanilla and chocolate pudding.

8) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?

Halloween.  Definitely Halloween. I never really developed a taste for most Easter candy because it isn't kosher for Passover and I was raised in a fairly religious home.

But what I am missing this year is my favorite Passover candy.  I didn't think to buy any, because I thought I'd be at my mother's house...


It's like eating a York Peppermint Patty, only smoother and creamier.


9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?

I'd really like to take a ride down to Jones Beach and walk on the boardwalk, but that doesn't seem like a great idea right now.  Maybe I'll do some yoga.  Or maybe I'll just veg out by the TV ...


Comments

  1. Loved your clever answer to #2. And I have a friend who appeared on Jeopardy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’m starting to understand my ancestors...

      Delete
  2. My mom is the same way. We all know you don't call her at 7:00. It gets the same reaction as calling in the middle of church. lol

    Whoa...that would be quite the sobering reminder during Passover. The good news is that God will see us through this one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jeopardy rules around here.

      G-d will see us through this.

      Delete
  3. I love your answer to #2! God has THIS in control too.
    Those candies look wonderful! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike when I'm asked what the last YouTube video was I watched. I have no idea :)

    Could you order your favorite Passover candy online? I know it's late now, but sometimes we just need the comfort of familiar to get us through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby and I usual go to one of family home. Pagan celebrate the spring equinox. Or we call Ostera. Hope I spell it right

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter, a teacher at Berklee college of Music, gets her joy from playing in pit bands for musicals around Boston, She told me today that the joy has gone out of her life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m finding things that make my life ok, but nothing that makes me happy. But I’m looking.

      Delete
  7. #2 is spot on. I thought the same thing about Passover. I hope you find a spark of joy somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday