Wednesday HodgePodge


And this week's questions from Joyce:



1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song?

When my kids were little we'd go to a Chinese restaurant in Queens, NY.   King Yum opened in the 1950's, and the atmosphere never changed --  when we'd go in the 90's we'd say it was "very retro".  But Queens is home to the largest Asian immigrant community in the country, and an old-fashioned Cantonese restaurant had a hard time competing with dim sum, Szechuan, sushi bars, Korean barbecue, banh mi ... so King Yum also offered karaoke. I'd never sing, but my sisters -- who had worked professionally as singers -- always took turns at the microphone.

2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?

"Alexa, play some Billy Joel..."

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.

Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?


I have no patience for people I consider "covidiots", people who do not understand the seriousness of our situation....
4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?

I'm so glad I bought those pouches of tuna salad!  Let me get some bread, and I'll slice up a tomato...

5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?

(1) NASCAR; (2) football; (3) rap music; (4) Howard Stern; (5) the Kardashians

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Last night I watched The Wizard of Oz on TNT.  Yes, again.  As a child I loved the story.  As an adult I can appreciate the sheer artistry of the movie.  



Comments

  1. I'm with you on all five things that you don't care for. Stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on 4 out of 5 of number 5. I can tolerate football in small increments and mostly college football not professional. I'm thinking I need to get some tuna into my pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not a fan of any of those five, either, but my list of five would be completely different. I think it would start with coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of getting an Alexa thing. Another new piece of equipment to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday