Hodgepodge time









1. What's something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it?

I really didn’t make any resolutions this year.  I have a general resolution to exercise, eat healthy, and lose weight.  I’m failing miserably.  At least my weight hasn’t gone up.

2. Where do you go to find quietude?

The beach, especially in the off season.  I love to walk the boardwalk. Haven't been able to do that recently...

3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?

Roast beef, raisins, radishes, ramen noodles and Russian dressing.

4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.

Interesting question.  We are all in survival mode these days.  The Gloria Gaynor song is my sister’s choice for karaoke.  I’ve been quoting Darwin’s theory at the folks I call “covidiots”, who are a prime example of natural selection and survival of the fittest.

So perhaps I should mention that at 8 PM tonight I will be indulging in a guilty pleasure, curious to see if Boston Rob or Amber can come back from the Edge of Extinction and wondering who will be voted out tonight.  The tribe has spoken.


5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.

Fate whispers to the warrior “You can not withstand the storm.”  The warrior replies “I am the storm.”

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Yesterday was a bad day.  I learned that a friend’s sister and brother-in-law are recovering from the virus.  Truly everyone I know either has the virus or has relatives who are ill.  Or dying.  Or dead.  

My synagogue has sent out way too many  funeral notices this week...so many deaths from this virus. My heart breaks each time I see another email.  And the words “funeral and shiva are private” make it so much worse.


I never used to bring my politics into the blog, but lately ... sorry not sorry, I have no patience for the tin-foil-hat-wearing covidiots who think Executive Orders are not law, who refuse to wear a mask and actually complain to stores enforcing the law that they don't want to wear a mask in that store, who think governors shutting down their states is Orwellian  and that they have to fight for the civil liberties  and some actually block doctors and ambulances from getting to hospitals because of their nonsense, those who think the talking heads on Fox know more than scientists...did you know Fox News lawyers are defending a lawsuit right now about the virus, and that they actually told a court of law the first amendment allows them to lie on the air?  Sadly they may be right, but being "right" and being "responsible" must be different in their eyes...

Comments

  1. At this time, and under these circumstances, anyone lying, misleading allowing one to stray from the facts, should be prosecuted and made to pay for their folly. And I do not mean just financial. I mean that nut should go to jail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote thank you for sharing. Lying on the air and misleading us from the facts should be prosecuted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lying on the air has put people in danger. They always say that the first amendment does not permit you to shout “fire” in a crowded theater unless the building is actually on fire...

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on your random thought. Stay strong and stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laws were made and enacted to be followed, I don't like being quarantined at home, I also don't want the virus. Hope those affected will soon recover.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m a lawyer, I have respect for the law. I also value my civil liberties. But your right to shop at Walmart does not trump my right to stay alive

      Delete
  5. I like your meme posts. I keep meaning to say that, but you've closed the comments :(

    Sadly, I think many people won't *get it* until someone they know is suffering with this thing. And I don't wish that on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the memes. I just don’t feel like arguing with people.

      Delete
  6. Robin,

    Is Joyce doing Hodgepodge again? I thought she retired it. Well thought out responses to these questions. We will certainly survive this madness but it requires common sense. I might think things are exaggerated in the media but I think it pays to be safe than sorry. I sorta thought about what you said those defying orders are allowing the natural order of selection possibly dictate who survives. What gets me is no harm comes from covering up. This stuff is highly contagious, so why take the risk? It's not worth to me. I'm ready to wear a mask when I go to my next appointment. I'm sure I'll look fashionable cute. :) I'm sorry to read about the many losses on your end. I know that's heartbreaking. Saying prayers for all those hurting emotionally and physically. God bless, my friend. Stay healthy and strong. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joyce brought Hodgepodge out of retirement a few weeks ago.

      I’m becoming quite militant about this virus.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday