Music Monday

NYC and Long Island have become Hell.  Everyone I know either has the virus or has a family member who has the virus.  Scary.


The healing power of sports.  The healing power of music.

I think we need a bit of both today.

The first professional sports game to be played after 9/11 took place at Shea Stadium on 9/21/2001.   The Mets hosted the Atlanta Braves.   During the 7th inning stretch, the crowd was treated to the following:






And then...the game.  In the bottom of the 8th, the Mets were down 2-1.  Future Hall-of-Famer Mike Piazza came to bat.




And yes, the Mets won.


Fenway Park, April 20, 2013.  The Red Sox hosted the Kansas City Royals.  After the Boston Marathon bombing, Big Papi dropped an F bomb and Boston went wild.





And later, for the traditional singing of "Sweet Caroline"...




The Red Sox won., of course.


The stress we feel now...it's like 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombing...

We can't gather at the ballpark.  But music can still heal.

Did you catch the Iheart Living Room Concert?








And I truly love Sir Elton John.







Did you see ACM Presents Our Country last night?  To early to find video on YouTube ...

So let’s end with a video by Straight No Chaser.  This song has become an anthem of sort in the quarantine age, more poignant because the original artist, Bill Withers, passed away a few day ago.






Find the joy.







Comments

  1. Songbird, between Saturday and yesterday, I spoke to two of my cousins who live in New York City and one of my husband cousins, who lives in Yonkers, and one of my cousins in Orlando. There's not much I can say except that the cousin in Orlando (who is a senior) belongs to a dance social group and one of their members is critically ill and on a ventilator. So...yes. I didn't catch the concert. I loved your clips as it has two favorites - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I am thinking of everyone in my native New York City and suburbs. Music does help. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping in touch in these terrible times...so important. Stay well.

      Delete
  2. Robin,

    NYC is taking a beating with this virus. Saying prayers for you and yours and your friends and their families. In other words, I'm praying for everyone! Please stay indoors and healthy, my dear. It is scary. How cool these artists provided distraction from current affairs to uplift the mind with mewsic. Have a boogietastic week, my dear. Sending hugs & love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am living the music, it’s just wonderful that they’re all doing this,

      Delete
  3. Sending you prayers and positive thoughts. Very nice is the healing power of sports. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that night at Shea (I was watching in Atlanta). It felt really good to feel like something was right with the world. The speech I remember best is the one by Jack Buck, the announcer for the St. Louis Cardinals. Guy had Parkinson's and was not long for the world.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=303ngEmZtiQ

    Liza Minnelli looks an awful lot like her mother, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does. And thanks for the video. Yes, we need to show our resolve.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a great bunch of videos the first one has to be my favorite out of these, but everyone has done their part. Elton John, the Backstreet Boys and the others. Great choices. Thanks for playin' along with us with your contribution sharing your music. GREAT JOB! Stay home... Stay Healthy! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we're about two weeks away from that. I'm not looking forward to it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apologies, I am falling behind...hey, I remember that Liza Minelli one, grin.

    Keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niveley done, Songbird *paws up*. Did you know that Neil Diamond changed the lyrics to Caroline in coronavirus? Thanks for the distance dance😸Clean Pawkisses for a Happy Tuesday. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday