Music Monday: And then there was one

 And we are asked to play holiday music.  But I am sad today...

In 1966 there was a TV show based on a band.  Four young men known as The Monkees.

Back in October, I wrote about The Monkees Farewell Tour.  It was bittersweet knowing that the show, starring Mike Nesmith and Micky Dolenz, would be the last time the surviving members of the Monkees would perform together.

During the show there were memorials to past members Davy Jones (who died in 2012) and Peter Tork (died in 2019).

That night, Drew said to me "Mike doesn't look well."  I had to agree.  Back in 2018 the Monkees had to cancel four tour dates because Nesmith was ill and needed a quadruple bypass.  

And on Friday Mike Nesmith passed away.

Mike wasn't just an actor/singer, he also wrote songs, and later produced videos.   He had a solo career, but is best remembered as one of  the Monkees.

  

 

I'll never forget when Mike Skyped it in...


  

He wrote this one, but gave it to Linda Ronstadt.


  

Another solo hit


    

And from the farewell tour.



So let's take Mike's advice and listen to the band:



 

The Monkees did some Christmas song, so let's end on a hopeful note.


  



 


  


Comments

  1. So I'm thinking you happen to be a big Monkey's fan! My hubby is too! Now what language was that? I didn't get it... sorry, but I loved all the Christmas tunes done by them. Yeah, well I didn't get their humor when I was young, and I still don't get it! hahahaha Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP, Mike. It's sad seeing those we listened to in our youth pass on and Mike was a pioneer in a way that I never realized until I blogged about him yesterday. He will be missed by many, many fans. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    Ahhh, I hadn't heard the news about Mike Nesmith. I was thinking the same thing about Mike with the videos you shared in October. That's truly sad to hear about another Monkee passing from this life to the next. Lovely tribute to Mike and you rounded things up with The Monkees brightening the holiday mood. Thanks for joining the 4M gang on the dance floor. Have a happy holiday, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The members of the Monkees were much better musicians than their boy band image portrayed. Sad to see our generation leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad someone did a tribute to Mike Nesmith, the title is so true sadly. Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was saddened to hear this news.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A