Wednesday HodgePodge

 1. 'Tis the season to be jolly....so are you? 

Not yet, I'm a bit stressed and it has nothing to do with the holidays.

2. Do you trim a tree this time of year, and if so is yours all done? What's something in your home-closet-life that needs to be trimmed in the new year? 

My holiday decorations:



And please stop stressing me with questions about getting organized.

3. Are you 'dreaming of a white Christmas'? Is that a possibility where you'll be celebrating? According to this site the top ten places in the US you can count on for a white Christmas are- North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon, Yellowstone National Park, Winthrop Washington, Aspen Colorado, Ketchum Idaho, Mt. Washington New Hampshire, Whitefish Montana, Duluth Minnesota, and the Lake Tahoe town of Truckee California

Of the snowy spots listed which would you most like to visit? 

We are expecting snow here today, and I am not a fan.  Why would I go looking for snow?

4. December 8th is National Brownie Day...will you be celebrating? How do you like your brownies-chewy or cake-like, frosted or plain, nuts or no nuts, a piece from the middle or give me the corner? As a child were you a member of a brownie troop? 

Yes, I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout, and yes, I love brownies, all varieties.

5. Share a favorite line or two from a Christmas carol or holiday tune. 

I'm loving this from Carrie Underwood:


So bring on the turkey, potatoes, casserole dishes
'Cause I ain't messing around with them buttoned up britches
Can't get my skinny jeans on, but don't feel sorry for me
'Cause I just tried everything, and I'm going back for round 3


 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Work is crazy busy right now and I have a lot going on at home that has nothing to do with the holidays.  Looking forward to some peace and quiet during the last week of December.



Comments

  1. We definitely won't be having a white Christmas here. That sort of thing would make national news. If I had known it was brownie day, I might have brought in brownies for the class. Although, as one student isn't allowed sweets... Better I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your peace and quiet later this month. We have a home improvement project that has been on the books since June but of course December is when it's happening and I need to be shopping for gifts, not picking out lights for my stairs right now. Take care and find a cozy corner before the new year rolls in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound as stressed as I feel! I, too, hope to rest during the last week of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that you get some peace and quiet. It is a crazy world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song is really funny! Hope you find the peace it sounds like you need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully you can find time to destress soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday