A bittersweet Music Monday

 Two things are making my music world sad.

First let’s talk about Jay Black.


When Jay Traynor left Jay and the Americans, David Black changed his name and became lead singer of the group. They had many hits before they broke up.  Black continued to tour as Jay Black and the Americans until he lost the right to use the name in bankruptcy court.  Black died this weekend.












And then on Sunday we went to a concert.

A farewell tour.

Yes, the Monkees are finally calling it quits.

It was a nice sized crowd at Town Hall. Great show.  (And yes, everyone was masked and vaccinated.)

Mickey Dolenz has the energy of a man half his age.  I wish I could say the same for Mike Nesmith.




They played for over two hours.  

This will be their final tour, I’ll never see The Monkees again.

I couldn’t find anything from last night’s show, but I found a few videos from earlier in the tour.
















Comments

  1. Bittersweet, all right. (I did my Jay Black tribute yesterday). Those are wonderful photos of The Monkees; looked like you got good seats. I'll be back later to enjoy all the music.Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard the news of Jay Black passing. Lovely tribute. Oh how sad the Monkees are calling it quits! Mike Dolenz seems to be doing well for his mid-70s on stage. It appears Nesmith hasn't been as fortunate who's a few years older than Dolenz. My favorite Monkee was Davy Jones. I got to see the Monkees in concert in the mid-80s and that was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing and for joining the 4M dance party, my dear. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davy was the best. Micky is still actively performing and recording, but I think Mike is ready to retire.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday