Saturday 9

 

Drivers License

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Drivers License (2021)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a girl who just got her drivers license. Who taught you to drive?

Primarily my mother, but I also took Driver's Ed in school.

2) Do you like your drivers license/state ID photo?

Meh.

3) Think back to the first ticket you received. How old were you, and what was it for?

I was a adult.  It was the day of my daughter Becca's bat mitzvah, in September 2005.  I was very stressed, more so than I had been for Jen's bat mitzvah two years earlier.  I think part of the stress was because I had just finished a round of chemotherapy. I had a appointment to get my wig styled, and I was running late.

Everyone on Long Island knows that the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway (the "SOB")  is one long speed trap. But I was stressed. I forgot.  And I got caught speeding.


But the bat mitzvah was beautiful.





4) In this week's song, Olivia Rodrigo is brokenhearted, driving through her boyfriend's neighborhood, certain that he has taken up with the sophisticated blonde girl. When it comes to romance, do you have a jealous streak?

Not really.

5) Olivia grew up in Temucula, California. Temecula is home to 40 wineries and dozens of tasting rooms. Have you ever attended a wine tasting?

Not at a vineyard.  But my synagogue used to host wine tastings every year just before Passover, since wine is so important to our celebration of the holiday, and I was one of the hosts.  The merchant would bring his wines, and I'd provide cheese, crackers, etc.  

6) Her first on-screen appearance was in a commercial for Old Navy stores. Old Navy is owned by the same company as Banana Republic, Gap and Athletica. Have you done any of your holiday shopping at one of those stores? (Yes, their websites count.)

Not this year,

7) She went on to star in projects for Disney studios. That's also how pop stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, and Christina Aguilera got started. Arguably the first teen star created by Disney studios was Annette Funicello. Do you remember her?

Of course!

8) "Drivers License" was one of this year's most popular songs. One of this year's most popular books is John Grisham's The Judge's List. Do you expect to do much reading between now and the end of the year? If so, what's on your TBR (to be read) list?

Nope, too busy.

9) Random Question: What is the longest line you ever stood in, and was it worth it?

 I'm sure it was at Disney World, I'm sure it was for a ride, and I am very sure it was worth it.




Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

  1. #3 I was visiting some friends in Mastic and they kept on talking about the red light cameras at the intersections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney really isn't worth it. I haven't been since 1993, and doubt I would go back. I'd rather go sit under a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have speed trucks, lots of them. They pretty much hang out at their usual spots, so one learns where they are....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous picture of the bat mitzvah in #3! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved that picture. Disney, let's see I think I was last there in 1975, although I have been to Disney Springs more recently. The SOB? I've only heard of the LIE. And the BQE. Been on both. But SOB has to be so appropriate. It's been ages since I've been on the LIE and I think (even as a passenger) I was scarred for life. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re a Bronx girl, you wouldn’t have heard of the SOB unless you drove on the island frequently. And yes, it’s appropriately named.

      Delete
  6. I know where Temecula is. I don't think I've been there, however.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday