Monkees redux

 So this is embarrassing.  Yesterday I posted my tribute to Mike Nesmith.  And I mentioned how Nesmith did a performance via Skype when Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork performed at Town Hall in NYC on June 1, 2016.  I posted a video of the Skype performance, something I found on YouTube, and said I would never forget that performance. I don’t think I mentioned it yesterday, but Drew and I were in the audience for that concert.

And I completely forgot that I also took video of the Skype performance. You can find my post about that concert here.  

Let me play my video, which I think is better than the one I posted yesterday.


  

You can actually hear me laughing when Micky suggests calling Mike on the phone.

Yes, Drew and I are real Monkees fans, we’ve seen them many times.

About a week or so before Mike died, Drew mentioned that Micky Dolenz has scheduled a concert for NYC in January, a double bill with Felix Cavalieri of The Rascals.   Drew wasn’t sure he wanted to go.  He loves The Rascals almost as much as he loves the Monkees (we saw them at Jones Beach in 2013), but he thought the tickets were way too expensive.

Well, after I told him that Nesmith died, Drew said “Now we have to go to Micky’s show,” and he bought the tickets.

If there’s a singer or a band in your bucket list, and you can afford the tickets, don’t wait.  See them now.

Comments

  1. That should be a fun concert. How nice you recorded the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall watching the monkeys' on TV
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday