Another this and that (COVID edition)

 So going back to my COVID rant … Dr. Sabin, who also developed a polio vaccine, got his start by inventing a vaccine for Japanese encephalitis.  The vaccine must be repeated every three years to maintain immunity.  My friend is ignorant of science and history.

We went out to eat and to the movies, and I expected to mask up.  At the Bronx Zoo, we also had to show proof of vaccination in order to enter the indoor exhibits.

Went to the drugstore to pick up my prescription, and there was a huge sign explaining that they were out of COVID testing kits.

More Broadway cancelations, sports teams are having difficulty.

The airlines have been canceling flights, and at least three cruise ships have had minor outbreaks. We have a cruise planned for December 2022, and I’m hoping …

Sigh.


Comments

  1. Buckle up. It's going to be a rocky winter. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being out of testing kits can be taken as a positive. At least people acknowledge they can get COVID, that it's real. My brother and his son believe it's a "scam" and the Democrats started it to unseat Trump. Hopefully, anyone testing positive will take it seriously. My county is full of anti-mask/vaccine people, and they don't keep it to themselves, they parade around and make scenes about it. I got yelled at in the Dollar Tree for wearing a mask. It's my state mandate. The stores no longer enforce it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two really good bakeries in my town. One bakery has a sign in the window requesting that customers mask up, explaining that they know a “mandate” isn’t a law but failure to obey it could result in $1000 fine and that yeah they know you’re tired of wearing a mask but they wear them to and all day long.

      Other bakery posted on their social media that since our county executive will not enforce the Governor’s mask mandate they have opted to allow their customers to remain maskless.

      Guess which bakery got my money this morning?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday