Saturday 9

 

Please Come Home for Christmas

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Please Come Home for Christmas (1992)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this video, Jon Bon Jovi recalls decorating the tree with Cindy Crawford. They took turns wearing a Santa hat. Will anyone in your household be donning a Santa hat this season?

No.
 
2) He sings of the salutations he's received from friends and relatives. Have you received many holiday cards this year? 

No, just a handful from close friends.
 
3) Will you wrap many presents? Or do you prefer to use gift bags? 

Gift bags all the way.
 
4) Jon Bon Jovi says he and Frank Sinatra are distant relatives. Do you believe that musicality is a genetic gift, or that it can be taught?

The eternal question, nature vs. nurture.   I think anyone can be taught to appreciate music and almost anyone can be taught the basics of singing and playing an instrument.  But true talent?  You either have it or you don't.  

5) Jon is such a big Star Wars fan that he wrote a carol called "R2-D2: We Wish You a Merry Christmas." There a dozen Star Wars movies. How many have you seen?

All of them.

6) Jon once guest-starred as Carrie's love interest in an episode of Sex and the City, the popular HBO sitcom set in New York. The new reboot, And Just Like That, also centers around NYC life. Where does your favorite TV show take place?

My current favorite is the sitcom Ghosts, which takes place at the Woodstone country estate.

7) Jon met his wife, Dorothea, when they were still in high school. Do you remember who you wanted to marry when you were in high school?

Certainly not anyone I actually knew in high school.  I think I was still in my "marry a celebrity" stage.

8) At Christmastime 1992, when this song was released, toys that tied into Disney's Little Mermaid were very popular. Have you purchased toys for anyone on your gift list this year?

No.


9) Jon recorded "Please Come Home for Christmas" to benefit The Special Olympics. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.

Long Island Cares, the food bank founded by the late Harry Chapin.
 


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 

Comments

  1. I thought "Ghosts" looked funny--I'll have to watch it on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching Ghosts, too. I liked Rose McIver's last show, too. I'm of the firm belief that talent is just someone who did the work on something they had great interest in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If teenage dreams came true, who would you have married?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Mrs. Billy Joel. Though I was almost Mrs. David Cassidy, but I outgrew him.

      Delete
  4. Yea, another Star Wars fan!!! We are waiting for the Mandalorian to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use both bags and wrap. But I recycle Christmas paper.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to catch Ghosts and didn't, will have to see if I can get it some other way. My husband always has the remote, it's hard for me to see shows he's not interested in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "marry a celebrity" Phase. hahaha! I know it well!
    I wrap shoe boxes with used Christmas wrap. It's the miser in me... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. #9 What a nice charity, a friend is a chief at a soup kitchen and food bank.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday