#skywatchfriday -- a storm rolls in




These photos were taken June 29, 2019 in Bethpage, NY.  I was driving eastbound on Hempstead Turnpike when I saw the sky to the north start to change.  A storm was rolling in. I pulled over, into an empty parking lot, and took these photos.






If you looked south and west, you could still see blue sky.



(Yes, that's my little blue car, all alone in the  lot...)

Just a few minutes later I was driving through torrential rain.  A powerful storm, it lasted less than an hour, but took down trees and power lines. 

#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. That sky fooled my husband, who is a bit of a weather geek. Said the sky didn't look "that bad". Well, obviously it was. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty shots. Kind of scary when those storms move in so fast and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking tiger lilies.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday