The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Ever watch it? 

It's on Amazon Prime. 

I'm a bit behind the curve, because I only started streaming Season 1 last week, and they've already completed a second season, but I am loving the show.

It's a drama, set in 1950's New York City.  The main character is Midge Maisel, a wealthy Jewish housewife, whose husband has left her for his shiksa (non Jewish) secretary. Midge is absolutely fabulous -- smart, funny, beautiful, and with a wardrobe to die for.  Influenced, in part, by Lenny Bruce, she seeks to become a stand-up comic. 

Well, there's now a product tie-in for the series.

In Midge's day, "everyone" would use the Maxwell House Haggadah for their Passover Seder.  This year, Maxwell House has come out with a version of the Haggadah that's related to the show.  Free with purchase of a Maxwell House product, of course.

Mine arrived last week.  (I bought k-cups, something they never imagined back in 1958.)




It's the real deal, with  illustrations, etc. that tie into the show.



(The bar code on the product is also alien to 1958, but a necessary evil, I suppose.)



Yes, she's fabulous.

And here's  Midge's famous brisket recipe.  Of course you'll make brisket.
 



Comments

  1. I've heard of it, but now I will have to watch it. You have me all interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband and I absolutely LOVED this show. I am 78, so I really enjoyed seeing the interior decorations and clothing from that era. I was sorry when Season Two was over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so, so cool. I haven't seen the show. But yes, I was one of those people who owned a Maxwell House Haggadah, as did my mother. And yes, we are having brisket on Friday night. No seder though, long story. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get Amazon Prime, but I so want to see the show as it was created by the team behind Gilmore Girls. I loved Gilmore Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday