Terri's questions for this week:

NATIONAL PIGS-IN-A-BLANKET DAY

On April 24, observe National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day with just a few ingredients.  
Celebrated across the world, the term often refers to a variety of different dishes. In the United States, Pigs-in-a-Blanket are often hot dogs or sausages wrapped in biscuit or croissant dough and baked. Pigs-in-a-Blanket are generally served as an appetizer or as breakfast. However, it can be served any meal time!
HOW TO OBSERVE
Share your version of Pigs-In-A-Blanket using #NationalPigBlanketDay on social media.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Everything above this line is from the National Day Calendar website.

(My first thought was 'what am I going to do with this one'!! Bear with me, followers!)

1.  Typically served as an hors d'oeuvre, have you ever made or had a Pig-in-a-Blanket?  Do you like Pigs-in-a-Blanket?
If by "made" you mean "taken the package out of the freezer and heated them in the oven". then yes, I have made Pigs-in-a-Blanket.

2.  Pigs-in-a-blanket are also known as devils on horseback, kilted sausages, and wiener winks. (Seriously.)  Please make up another name for this fun little appetizer!
Pastry puppies.  

3.  In the UK, pigs-in-blankets are small sausages, or chipolatas wrapped up in bacon.  Which country's version is most appealing to your taste buds?

I am sure I'd like other varieties, but the original is still the best.
4.  The first written record of pigs-in-a-blanket occurs in Betty Crocker's Cooking for Kids in 1957.  In this digital world, do you still have a favorite cookbook you use most of the time?  Is there a recipe you can share with us from that cookbook?
My favorite cookbook is a classic, The Joy of Cooking. For the recipes my grandmother should have taught me but didn't, I rely on The Molly Goldberg Jewish Cookbook.

Here's her recipe for potato latkes:
Potato Latkes

4 potatoes, peeled, grated, and drained
1 onion, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons potato starch or flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup shortening or oil

Mix the potatoes, onion, salt, pepper, egg, potato starch or flour, and baking powder until very smooth.

Heat the shortening or oil in a skillet. Drop the mixture into it by the tablespoonful. Fry until browned on both sides. Drain well.

Serve with applesauce or sour cream.



5.  What is your favorite cooking show on TV?

Two shows come to mind.

First is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  I love watching the restaurant owners prepare the dishes that make their restaurants worthy of Guy Fieri's notice.

For things I may actually prepare myself, I like watching Rachel Ray.


6.  Tell us something random about your week, please!

I am  looking forward to Avengers:Endgame. It's going to be the biggest blockbuster of the summer.  Anyone who spoils the movie will be dead to me.

Comments

  1. Pastry Puppies.. love it! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I had pig in blanket.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to really like Rachel Ray but she got annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've never had pigs in a blanket. It's weird, as I do like hot dogs, but I've just never... Weird how you miss out on some things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastry puppies is so cute!!!! That is a great name for them. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives! I dream of planning a road trip based on stops at restaurants that have been featured on the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday