Florida vacation day 6, park hopping

Today's Playlist

Singin' In the Rain
A Pirate's Life For Me
It's A Small World

So we'd purchased park hopper tickets, which allow you to travel between parks in a single day, but didn't use that feature until our last day at Disney.  Plan was morning at Magic Kingdom, afternoon at EPCOT.

Park hopping is my cardio -- slogan on a Disney t-shirt

A word about GPS.  Be careful how you program Waze; we wound up at the castmember entrance to the Magic Kingdom!

A word about the weather.  We'd been enjoying warm, sunny days, but this morning was cold and rainy.  I wore a hoodie under my rain poncho.  The rain stopped mid morning, and the weather was warmer, but by late afternoon I needed the hoodie again. We found a couple of kids' jackets on a bench in EPCOT and had to turn them in to the lost and found.


We arrived at the Magic Kingdom n time to see castmembers singing in the rain.





First order of business, It's A Small World.  Even more so than Carousel of Progress, this ride evokes memories of the New York World's Fair.  I had the 45, played it on my phonograph over and over, and I had a book about how the dolls were made. I still lovd this ride!






Next up was Peter Pan, another classic.

Then we walked over to Liberty Square and bought a couple of hot dogs.  Some locals joined us for lunch.




We finally got to ride Jungle Cruise with all its corny humor.  Took another ride on Big Thunder Mountain, and finished up with Pirates of the Caribbean.



We saw a high school band...




Reminded me of the days when my kids were competing at Disney -- Jen was a cheerleader and Becca on dance team, and we'd come down in March ....

Then we took the monorail to EPCOT.





We headed over to Test Track -- this time we were able to design a car and take the ride.  And I remembered to bring a headband, so my hair wasn't in my face.



And then we walked over to Mexico.  Took the boat ride, and then had dinner at the San Angel Inn. Our waiter, appropriately enough, was named Angel.

I felt so bad for the family sitting next to us. No sooner did they order food than the little girl took sick, and they had to leave.  I remember when Becca  (then about 7 years old) was sick at Disney (the doctor actually came ot our hotel room!), and it is not a fun experience....

Not sure if this pyramid is supposed to be Aztec or Mayan, but it does remind me of our trip to Chichen Itza...




That was our last day at Disney, though not our last day of vacation.  Fitbit says I walked 9 miles that day.  And yes, Every Person Comes Out Tired.

Comments

  1. I had forgotten that my high school marching band did a day at Disneyland once. We did a march through the park, but the band director admitted the only reason for that was so we could get a day at the park. On a school day. As an official field trip. Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday