Smart Scale review


  1. A review of the  Renpho Smart Scale


So no, you don't really need a smart scale, an ordinary bathroom scale will tell you your weight.  But ...

RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale - FDA Approved - Smart BMI Scale Digital Bathroom Wireless Weight Scale, Body Composition Analyzer with Smartphone App, 396 lbs

This scale shows Body Weight, BMI, Body Fat%, Water %, Skeletal Muscle, Fat-free Body Weight, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, Basal Metabolism, and Body Age.

It's a light-weight scale, runs on three AAA batteries. You pair the scale with the Renpho App -- ios or Android -- and then you step on the scale, making sure your bare feet make contact with all four electrodes.  A digital display on the scale shows your weight,  all the other data is visible only in the app.

The Renpho app pairs with several fitness apps, including my favorite, Fitbit.  Data transferred to the Fitbit app is limited to weight, BMI and body fat percentage, i.e., the data that would be measured by the Fitbit Aria or Aria 2 scales.

I found the scale very easy to set up and use, and linking it to my Fitbit account took only a few minutes.  I think it's pretty accurate, at least in comparison to my trusty old bathroom scale.

And the best part?  The Fitbit Aria 2 sells for $130, but I paid $33 for my renpho.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A