#skywatchfriday The Bristol Burlington Bridge



It’s really not that much of a bridge, is it?  Looks almost like a turtle’s shell. It connects Bristol, PA and Burlington, NJ.  Not the most glamorous way to cross the Delaware, but it gets the job done.  We use this Bridge every time we visit Philadelphia.

We happened to be in Philadelphia yesterday.

Philadelphia, the place where Bill Cosby grew up.  Though now he makes his home in suburban Montgomery County.

Or should I say, that’s where he is currently under house arrest, a convicted felon?

When the allegations first surfaced, I didn’t want to believe.  America’s Dad, a sex offender?

But now ... I am glad the victims got some measure of justice.  But I am sad and disappointed that the real person is not anything like the persona he created, sad about a legacy shattered.




#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. How many celebrities have a fictional public persona? I bet quite a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's ahrd to know which celebrities are "real' and who is acting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Burlington near us, and a bridge that looks a lot like this one. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a sad situation. So many people looked up to him. Pretty photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm not the only person who likes to take pictures of bridges. I think of Bill Cosby from so long ago - a comedian who made funny albums (remember record albums?) who would have thought? Who would have thought? But now we find out so much bad from the people we were supposed to look up to. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved bridges, and I used to enjoy driving across them, but I'm quite a bit older now, and content to let my husband drive.
    And I, like so many others, am brokenhearted to think of North America's favourite dad as a convicted felon.
    Life is full of surprises, and some of them aren't very nice. When I was young, the world was a happier, softer, safer place.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of my past relatives I know of came from Philly. The town known as Brotherly Love.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday