another this and that

I tried a new product this week, Nivea's Radiant Silk In Shower Body Lotion.  I've used Nivea in-shower body lotion before and liked it.  But I didn't care for this variety.  It's a "2 in 1" product, it expoliates and moisturizes at the same time.  I didn't like the gritty feeling. I really don't know why I need to exfoliate while I'm using body lotion, if I've already cleaned my skin...

The ads for the new Diet Coke Bold  Flavors intrigued me ...but mango?  ginger lime?  blood orange?  Well, I like Diet Cherry Coke and Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, so I thought I'd try Diet Coke Feisty Cherry.  Feisty Cherry is not as sweet as regular Diet Cherry Coke. I bougth a case, 8 cans.  I didn't like it.  I didn't dislike it, either, but I don't see anything there worth buying again after I finish what I already bought.

Last Wednesday Drew and I went into the city, to the Hotel Pierre, for a cabaret performance called "Broadway at the Pierre". Held in one of the hotel's lounges, "Broadway at the Pierre" is an intimate performance of Broadway show tunes.  Food and beveragesare available -- we drank champagne and nibbled on smoked salmon with creme fraiche, watermelon goat cheese with balsamic glaze, tuna nori roll with ginger teriyaki, chicken samosas with mint chutney, vanilla madeleines, and brandied brandied cherry financiers.  So elegant!  and then, on the way home, Drew felt the need to stop at the brand new Carl's Junior across the street from Penn Station and buy a hamburger.

From one end of the spectrum to the other ...this Wednesday we are seeing Avengers: Infinity War.  I wanted to see it opening weekend, but by the time Drew got around to buying tickets... If anyone spoils the movie for me...I will hunt you down and make you suffer.

It's only Monday, but this week is already dragging ...I need a vacation.


Comments

  1. Avoid teenagers, then. Today, they were all talking about Avengers. And deliberately saying who died, making sure those they knew hadn't seen the movie heard. *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m fortunate that right now there are no teens in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday