Saturday in the park .... #skywatchfriday

So...it had been a winter of bad weather, bad knees, bad back...and very bad attitude.

But it was Saturday morning, the sun was shining, and my Empire Pass was burning a hole in my pocket.  I grabbed my jacket a headed out...




Yes, Jones Beach.  I hadn’t been since ...oh my ...since October.

The Jones Beach health walk starts at Field 6 and runs the entire length of the boardwalk to Field 1, a measured distance of two miles.  I haven’t been doing a lot of walking lately, so my plan was to start at Field 6, walk one mile (just past the West Bathhouse) and turn around.



Sunshine and salty air cures many a bad attitude.


Say hello to old friends:



Unseasonably warm, it felt like summer.  A reminder that it’s still early spring:





New project on the boardwalk:








I hope they get it finished in time for the summer season.

I feel as if I recaptured a piece of myself, a piece I didn’t realize I was missing.

Bring on summer.  I am ready.

#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. That looks like a great walk. Can't do better than sunshine and salty air!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so, so ready. It snowed again this morning Never mind that it melts by afternoon. Make it stop!!!!!!!!! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you missed your beach walk. It's nice to get back to things like this, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even construction sites can look good in the sunshine! And I know how you feel about getting out to walk after a long hiatus. I walked our dog today...third day in a row...and I feel that I've conquered something huge. We didn't go far today, but that journey starts with one step!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an interesting place. What is the tower in the first shot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim, that’s the water tower. It supplies water for the park — all the restaurants, restrooms, two swimming pools and the Jones Beach Theater, an outdoor concert venue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday