Another new toy

So while I wait for my new Fitbit, let me introduce you to my other new toy.

This is the box:



This is a food scale:



It comes with a USB cord for charging:



And an instruction manual.



Why is it called a “smart food scale”?

Because it connects via Bluetooth to an app.  And that app talks to other apps, most notably ...Fitbit.

So if I put some grilled chicken on a plate, and put that plate on the scale, I can see how much it weighs by looking at the scale’s app, and can track it to my food log directly from the scale’s app.

Took a few minutes to figure out how to use the app, but now I’m enjoying.

Sort of.

I thought I had 4 ounces of grilled chicken on my plate.  Actually it was 7 ounces.  Big difference in the calorie count.

Yes, this is going to be a fun tool.

Comments

  1. So, you have to keep a food log, too. Do you find that helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of a smart scale, and it shouldn't of suprise me on a smart scale.
    I been thinking of getting possible a food tracker app, the weight lost group I belong to have one.
    I also want to get a fitbit.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora, MyFitnessPal, Lose It! And Sparkpeople are all free apps. (You can pay for extra features). I like MyFitnessPal, they have the best database

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, the idea of keeping a food log ...well, Weight Watchers has been encouraging its members to keep a tracker or log since forever. We used to do it with paper and pen. If you track your food accurately you get a real picture of why you did or didn't lose weight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday