Wednesday HodgePodge


grab button for From this Side of the Pond

Joyce has more questions this week:

1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you've given or received.

It depends.  If I'm being complimented on something I'm proud of, i glow.  If I'm embarassed, i blush and stammer.


 2. Ten little things you are loving right now.

First the practical:

1. My cell phone.  A computer that fits in my pocket.  soemthing I never would have imagined when I was growing up.

2.  Speaking of cell phones....I have this little gizmo that I can use to prop up my phone or tablet on my desk. 





3.  The hook on my key ring that keeps me from losing my keys.  I clamp it on the side of my pcoketbook and I'm always able to find the keys.

4. Sample sizes of my favorite hand cream.  it's dry skin season, and I amy dying....

5.  My Fitbit.  Keeps me active and motivated.

Now for the esoteric, the symbolic, the ethereal:

6.  The way Duchess' tail twitches whenever she is "hunting".  She is strictly an indoor cat, but she loves to watch the back yard show from a safe perch near the window. 

7.  The feel of the wind at the beach on a chilly winter day. 

8.  The sound of birds chirping.

9.  Violet-scented soap.

10.  The feeling you get when it's Friday afternoon and you're about leave the office for the weekend.




 3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here  a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-

Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons

Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?
Overall I think I am positive and optimistic.  Lately I have been dwelling on the negative and the sadness, though, and I need to get out of that mood. A walk in natural surroundings usually does it for me.


 4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?


Oh, the choices!  I'll take the chili...no, the stew...no, the soup.  Definitely the soup.  With noodles and matzoh balls, please.

 5. The best part of my day is....

Sharing the events of the day with my love.  we don't live together, but every night we are on the phone, telling each other what has happened to us.  And when we are together, we share even more.

 6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Amazingly, January is almost over.  we are in the middle of a January thaw, with warmer weather.  I'm hoping against hope that the weather will stay this way until spring arrives.






/

Comments

  1. I have the same hope when it comes to Spring. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers today. A computer that fits in your pocket. I never cease to marvel at that. Hope you're right concerning spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several years ago while Hubby and I were on a road trip, we had a question about something and I remarked to him, "Wouldn't be wonderful if someone could invent a small enough computer to fit in the car?" And they did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a young child, my mother taught me how to take a compliment. It was a wonderful lesson that I've used my whole life. Perhaps we should all teach our children this lesson early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. الكلادينج هي ألواح تستعمل لتغطية واجهات المباني زجاجية ذات ألوان معدنية، وهي مقاومة للحريق وعازلة للحرارة وخفيفة الوزن، كما أن ألوانها متعددة وكثيرة جداً، وطريقة تركيبها سهلة وسريعة، بالإضافة إلى أنها قوية ومتينة تختلف اسعار الواح الكلادينج للمطابخ يتميز بمقاومته للماء حيث يمنع تسرب الماء إلى الهيكل الداخلي للمبنى يفضل استخدام في واجهات المباني لامتلاكه خاصية عنصر التحكم بالضوء

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday