Wednesday HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond


 

This week's questions from Joyce

1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?

Not formally, but I have been called upon to help with the training of junior memebers of our staff.

2. What current trend makes no sense to you?

I am surprisingly not "up" on current trends, so I have no real answer for this question.

3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?

Writing with the pen, that would make me happy. 

I get a small pleasure from emptying out my email "In box".

4. What's the last good thing you ate?

A chocolate chip cookie.

5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.

It was a period of enormous learning, change and personal growth.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I am enjoying the January thaw and wishing for spring...

/

Comments

  1. I'm wishing for Spring too!! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy emptying my inbox too, although I do feel like it's rarely ever completely empty. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People like writing by hand? Really? I was thrilled when I could start typing everything. (I get the worst writer's cramp, and writing anything longer than a shopping list is painful.)

    I, too, love emptying my inbox. Yeah, that's a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am practicing lettering every day, refreshing my calligraphy skills, while learning new styles. It is oh-so lovely to use new pens! My current favorites are Frixion erasable pens, a Tombow fudoneske for calligraphy, and my daily go-to is a Pilot P-700. Yep, pen snob. I can send you a curated collection of lovely pens...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday