Greek mythology, Shakespeare, the Bible and the Titanic.

There’s a Greek myth about a woman named Cassandra, who was cursed by the gods to speak true prophesies that no one would believe.  Cassandra foresaw the destruction of Troy, but no one  believed her.

In Anthony and Cleopatra, a messenger brings the news to Cleopatra that Mark Anthony has married another. Cleopatra threatens to gouge out the messenger’s eyes.  And let’s not forget what happened to poor Rosencranz and Guildenstern.

In the Bible, the high priest Aaron (brother of Moses) is instructed to pick out a goat from the herd, lay all the sins of the Children of Israel onto the goat, and release the goat into the wilderness.

Why am I telling you these stories? What have they to do with me?

Remember a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned a family situation where a relative was rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic?

Well, I am neither the iceberg nor the captain of the ship.  Rather, I am the lookout who told everyone that the ship  is in peril and there aren’t enough lifeboats.

And now the ship is sinking, and somehow it is all my fault.



/

Comments

  1. Who knows why certain things in life happen...I heard there was someone in kitchen open a can of food on the bottom and that was the cruse that why the ship sunk.
    Coffee is in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Families. You can't live without them, but they do drive you crazy. I don't know what ship I'm on right now, but I sure hope it isn't the Titanic. I have my suspicions. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You warned them and now they're blaming you for being right? Is this someone you can just not talk to for a while? It's not worth being the scapegoat. I've been there. Better to cut ties, at least until this blows over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A