The more things change....

So it occurred to me that 2018 is a milestone year, that I have been blogging for almost 10 years.

Ten years ago, my life was so different.

Jen graduated from high school in 2008 and began her freshman year of college.  Becca was in high school, and I spent a lot of time driving "mom's taxi" as she explored extracurricular activities and her social life.

My parents were healthy and enjoying their well-deserved retirement.

Drew and I had ceased hostilities and become friends again, but hadn't truly reconciled yet.And I was worried about my job and my future, because the company I worked for at the time was asking the government for a bailout.

And yet, someone who knows me now would find so much in the older blog posts that is familiar.  Politics, song lyrics, cultural references to TV shows and movies.  Photos of my neighborhood. Pet photos and stories.  My involvement with the synagogue and with charity work. And my fascination with Christmas decorations.

What will be different in 10 years?  And what will remain the same?

/


Comments

  1. 10 years... Wow. Congrats. How much does change in that time, yet how much remains the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday