The Rolling Spring Roll

The Rolling Spring Roll Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Pho.  A Vietnamese soup, made up of broth, rice noodles and seasonings. 

When my coworkers found out I'd never had it, they insisted I come with them to the Rolling Spring Roll.  And I am so glad they did.

We started our meal with vegetable spring rolls, crispy rolls which we wrapped in lettuce and cilantro, and dipped in a flavorful peanut sauce.

and then there was the pho.  You have a choice of chicken, beef or vegetarian, and you can order a small, a regular, or a large bowl.  I ordered a regular beef pho.  It was a fairly substantial portion of broth, noodles and sliced beef, and was served with a plate of bean sprouts and herbs that could be used to add additional flavor.  My friend also added hoisin sauce and hot sauce to her chichen pho.

You eat pho with a soup spoon and chop sticks (I love the metal chop sticks they have here!).  It is a messy but enjoyable experience, and the flavors fo the food were well worth the effort.

Service was quick and efficient.

I am defnintely interested in a  return visit!



/

Comments

  1. Sounds like something I should try. Not the restaurant (too far away), but the food as I've never had it either. And considering a Little Saigon is so close by, I really have no excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pho is right up there with Matzoh Ball soup for an upper respiratory infection. Yuuuuuummmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday