Fortune Wheel

Fortune Wheel Seafood Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Fortune Wheel is a hole in the wall, tucked away between a BJ's Warehouse and a Best Buy.  I'd heard it was one of the best Chinese restaurants on Long Island, but although I shop in that BJ's frequently, I'd never eaten a meal at Fortune Wheel.  So when asked if I wanted to try it, my answer was a resounding "of course!"

With its "traditional Chinese restaurant decor" and a waitstaff that speaks just enough English to take your order (our bill was written in Chinese), I wasn't sure what to expect.

We ordered two entrees -- beef with broccoli and chicken with cashews.  Both were expertly prepared, the vegetables crisp and tasty, the meat tender.  We also ordered "two flavor rice", thinking it would be a variation on fried rice.  Instead, we were served a dish of white rice with two very distinct gravies -- chicken in a tomato sauce, and shrimp in a white sauce.  The rice dish was huge, s large as either entree.   I was a little surprised at the abundance of green peas added to each dish, but as I like peas, it wasn't an issue.

At a friend's suggestion, we also tried the coconut jello.  This dish had the consistency of a custard, and was creamy but not overly sweet.  Worth ordering again.

the restaurant is famed for its dim sum, and yet we didn't try any dim sum items.  I guess that means we will have to go back!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday