Another this and that

I promise there will be more from the fair, but today ...

I saw two great movies on DVD this weekend.  The first was Blade Runner. I love Harrison Ford and I love science fiction, but somehow I'd never seen this film.  With Blade Runner 2049 scheduled to open next month, I figured I"d better see the original.  Such a dark, dystopian movie.  I found myself drawn in to the story, and now I am looking forward to the sequel.

The other film was North By Northwest, a classic Hitchcock film starring Cary Grant.  One of his better efforts.  But I knew who the "inside agent" was long before the audience was supposed to figure it out.

The new TV season is starting, and I am liking The Orville.  Seth McFarlane's homage to Star Trek is not a "laugh out loud" comedy, but it is quirky and amusing at times.  I hope it's a hit, I am so tired of falling in love with shows that get cancelled.

So the Long Island Ducks clinched a playoff berth, and will play a best-of-five against the Somerset Patriots.  Unfortunately the two Ducks home games will be Wednesday night and Thursday night, the  two nights of Rosh Hashanah, so I won't be able to go.  If they beat the Patriots, I'll try to get to a championship game.

But we've got Mets tickets, and I'm excited to be going to Citi Field.  The Mets are not in contention, of course, but the game should be fun.

But I am disappointed with the 2018 schedule.  The Mets play the Yankees at Citi Field but no at Yankee Stadium.    Guess I'l have to wait another year to see what Yankee Stadium looks like up close and personal.

Oh, well.

Comments

  1. I've never seen Blade Runner, either. Nor North by Northwest. The Orville... Not bad, but not great, I thought. And it's on FOX. They've not done well by some great shows I really liked (and some shows that had promise), so I'm not holding out a lot of hope for it.

    Good luck to your teams.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday