another this and that

Right now we are experiencing a heat wave more appropriate for the end of August than the end of September.  Much as I love summer, I'm not thrilled.  I am ready for fall. 

I kind of feel that I missed fall last year. Drew and I took a two week vacation in October; we went on a Caribbean  cruise (thank goodness it was last year and not this year) and then spent some time in Florida.  And two years ago ... well, my father died in early October, and the rest of the month was just a blur. 

Well, the forecast does say that we should start to cool off later this week...

Not happy with myself right now.  I have slacked off on diet and fitness, and I've gained a few pounds.  I used my injured knee as an excuse.  Can't do that.  I have to get back on track. 

Jen is loving her new job.  She's front desk at a busy doctor's office.  So she's learning all about insurance, co pays, referrals, preauthorizations...and she gets to wear scrubs to work.

Becca, I think, is looking for a change.  She's been at her current job -- she's a paralegal in a law firm -- for three years now.  I think she's planning to go back to school for a Master's in business. 

Grumble grumble ... the office building where I work is being renovated. Major inconveniences every day.  The biggest issue right now is the cafeteria. It closed a few months ago and will reopen next month udner new management.  I'm sure it will be great -- I love what they did to the gym -- but for now it's a royal pain....

As for the job itself...I'm swamped.  I'm so busy lately I can't seem to come up for air.  Consider that job security.



I've been doing a lot of volunteering lately.  Some of that will slow down after election Day.  but until then ...

Busy, busy busy...


Some days I just want to go home and collapse in front of the TV...


So the new TV season ...I am still liking The Orville.  It's quirky and subtle and amusing, and a real love  letter to Star Trek.  Better, in fact, than the newest incarnation of my favorite.  I'm still not sure how I feel about Star Trek: Discovery.  I'll have to watch a few more episodes before I make up my mind, I guess. Looking forward to another season of Designated Survivor, I'm enjoying the political intrigue.  And I'm excited about the new season of Survivor -- my guilty pleasure.

Comments

  1. Job security is good. Crazy busy, not so good.

    I love Designated Survivor, too. Didn't think I would like it as much when I DVRed the pilot on a whim. Are you going to subscribe to CBS all access for Star Trek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I've seen both episodes and I'm still not sure I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these check in. I can relate.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A