Happy first day of summer!
Today is the summer solstice. The longest day of the year. Hours and hours of daylight.
It is also a full moon. The strawberry moon, because we're in the middle of the strawberry harvest. Also known as the Rose Moon.
Many ancient, pagan cultures celebrated the solstice. Go to Stonehenge today and you will find a festival in progress, an echo of the past ...
Ancient cultures were also preoccupied with the lunar cycle, particularly the new moon and the full moon.
So when the full moon coincides with the summer solstice...
Some might say there is magic in the air.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
life in and around NYC is insane
- The Pit Stop
- June 28
- The festival
- Kasey's Kitchen
- So....about that convention...
- Enough is Enough
- Oh...my ...
- Cheer coach redux
- The summer solstice and the strawberry moon
- Father's Day
- songbird salutes the 70's: Meat Loaf
- Bless you, Senator Murphy
- Orlando redux
- Spire Activity Tracker
- we live in historic times
- Another election day....
- Another this and that
- X-Men:Apocalypse -- possible spoilers
- Heckscher Park
- Hey, Hey We're the Monkeess
- mindfulness and meditation
- worried for a friend -- update
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)