We live in historic times.
I never imagined I would see a filibuster such as the one by Senator Murphy.
I never imagined a sit-in, led by a civil rights icon such as John Lewis, on the floor of the House of Representatives, with representatives singing "We Shall Overcome".
It's a story that knocked Donald Trump off the front page.
But the American people have had enough.
Enough of gun violence. Enough of a dysfunctional and divisive Congress. Enough of the NRA running our government, of policies opposed by 90% of the voting public.
It's time for sensible gun regulations. It's time to stop the carnage. It's time to catch up with the rest of the civilized world.
I do not envy Paul Ryan. He cannot win this battle.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
life in and around NYC is insane
- The Pit Stop
- June 28
- The festival
- Kasey's Kitchen
- So....about that convention...
- Enough is Enough
- Oh...my ...
- Cheer coach redux
- The summer solstice and the strawberry moon
- Father's Day
- songbird salutes the 70's: Meat Loaf
- Bless you, Senator Murphy
- Orlando redux
- Spire Activity Tracker
- we live in historic times
- Another election day....
- Another this and that
- X-Men:Apocalypse -- possible spoilers
- Heckscher Park
- Hey, Hey We're the Monkeess
- mindfulness and meditation
- worried for a friend -- update
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)