Another this and that

So my friend in the hospital was bored to tears, and posted on Facebook, asking people to come visit her.  How could I refuse and invitation like that?  I spent a couple of hours with her.  She's nervous and uncomfortable, but determined to regain her health and return to her very full life.

She asked about my mother.  My mom is 83, and doing OK.  but she does have her "issues", and of course I worry.

Haven't seen much of Jen lately.  It's summer, which means her boyfriend is tending bar every weekend on Fire Island.  Which means she's seeing more of him during the week.

Becca has been spending a lot of time with David-who-is-not-her-boyfriend.  I am pretty sure he has been, or will shortly be, returned to "boyfriend" status,

Drew is literally counting the days until the end of school and the beginning of summer vacation  his retirement.  He plans to be a substitute teacher next year, which is less stressful --  no meetings or paperwork or stuff like that.  the retirement parties have already begun.

I am also looking forward to summer.  I've started taking walks on the boardwalk again.  going to the gym is a great workout, but a trip to the boardwalk exercises my body while feeding my soul.

Drew is going to get a pass for his community pool, and then I can add swimming to my exercise routine.  I love swimming.

Healthy lifestyle, healthy body.  Calm and focused mind.  Nourished soul.  I want to live my life to the fullest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday