When I think of Orlando, I think of vacations. Of happy times. The thrill of landing at MCO, the excitement of traveling to Disneyworld, to Universal/Islands of Adventure, To Seaworld. My first visit, in 1987, we drove to Cape Canaveral, took a cruise to the Bahamas, then drove back to Orlando for some time at Disney. How many times have I vacationed in Central Florida? I can plan a vacation like that in my sleep.
Orlando should be about Mickey Mouse.
Not about the worst mass shooting in our country's history.
Hate crime? Terrorism? Insanity?
Does it really matter?
The shooter used an assault rifle. A weapon designed for one purpose: to kill people.
A weapon he most likely bought legally.
Why does anyone except a soldier need an assault rifle?
50 people dead. 53 injured, many in critical condition.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
life in and around NYC is insane
- The Pit Stop
- June 28
- The festival
- Kasey's Kitchen
- So....about that convention...
- Enough is Enough
- Oh...my ...
- Cheer coach redux
- The summer solstice and the strawberry moon
- Father's Day
- songbird salutes the 70's: Meat Loaf
- Bless you, Senator Murphy
- Orlando redux
- Spire Activity Tracker
- we live in historic times
- Another election day....
- Another this and that
- X-Men:Apocalypse -- possible spoilers
- Heckscher Park
- Hey, Hey We're the Monkeess
- mindfulness and meditation
- worried for a friend -- update
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)