Kasey's Kitchen

Kaseys American Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

So I got invited to two parties, and both were held at Kasey's. 

I don't get to Rockville Centre often.  It seems like a very interesting area, with lots of shopping and restaurant choices, probably fun to explore.  But parking is abysmal at best, even with public lots available. 

Kasey's is cozy and casual.  Both parties were held in a separate party room, behind the bar. 

The first party was held on a weeknight, and the bar and restaurant were very busy.  The party room was set up to accommodate a DJ and dance floor -- seating was a bit cramped as a result.  There were passed  hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour.  I especially liked the caprese skewers -- cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and olives splashed with a balsamic vinaigrette -- and the buffalo chicken, which was hot and spicy but not overpowering.   The meal began with a nice salad. We were given a choice of four different entrees, some of which do not appear on Kasey's regular menu.  I enjoyed a shrimp dish. The sheet cake was good, but not spectacular -- to be honest, I don't remember what type of cake/filling/frosting.  Service was attentive, but a bit slow. 

The luncheon was about a week or so later.  This time, there was no DJ or dance floor, and much more space between the tables.  There was no cocktail hour, and lunch was served buffet style: penne a la vodka, rice pilaf, beef teriyaki, chicken cordon bleu and some sort of salmon dish, long with salad and dinner rolls. The cake, however -- chocolate cake with cannoli filling and whipped cream.  Heavenly.

I've never been to Kasey's except for these two parties, so I can't comment on the regular menu.  But given my two positive experiences at the parties, I'm sure that I'll keep Kasey's in mind the next time I'm in Rockville Centre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday