Swimming

When I was a little girl, my father supplemented his income as a teacher by working in a day camp every summer. One of the perks of his summer employment was that my sisters and I got to go to camp all summer. And one of the best parts of camp was that we went to the pool twice a day, sometimes for lessons and sometimes for recreational swimming.

When I was a teenager, my parents installed a pool in the back yard. Heaven.

My father got sick a few years ago, and we didn't open the pool that summer. Or any summer since then.

And I really missed it.

Last summer Drew got a pool pass for his community pool. He's not much of a swimmer, but he knew I'd like it.

I loved it. So he got a pass for this summer.

I went swimming on Saturday, first time this season.

Bliss.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday