When I was a little girl, my father supplemented his income as a teacher by working in a day camp every summer. One of the perks of his summer employment was that my sisters and I got to go to camp all summer. And one of the best parts of camp was that we went to the pool twice a day, sometimes for lessons and sometimes for recreational swimming.
When I was a teenager, my parents installed a pool in the back yard. Heaven.
My father got sick a few years ago, and we didn't open the pool that summer. Or any summer since then.
And I really missed it.
Last summer Drew got a pool pass for his community pool. He's not much of a swimmer, but he knew I'd like it.
I loved it. So he got a pass for this summer.
I went swimming on Saturday, first time this season.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
life in and around NYC is insane
- The Pit Stop
- June 28
- The festival
- Kasey's Kitchen
- So....about that convention...
- Enough is Enough
- Oh...my ...
- Cheer coach redux
- The summer solstice and the strawberry moon
- Father's Day
- songbird salutes the 70's: Meat Loaf
- Bless you, Senator Murphy
- Orlando redux
- Spire Activity Tracker
- we live in historic times
- Another election day....
- Another this and that
- X-Men:Apocalypse -- possible spoilers
- Heckscher Park
- Hey, Hey We're the Monkeess
- mindfulness and meditation
- worried for a friend -- update
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)