A walk in the woods



This was my view yesterday.

I didn't go to a famous park or a tourist destination for my walk.  Instead I headed to a local park about 5 minutes from my home.

The park has a golf course, a public pool, and the nature trail.  I think the last time I walked the trail was a good 16 years ago.  But having tackled the nature trail at Sagamore Hill a couple of weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to take another walk in the woods.

The path is about 2 miles long, and skirts the park perimeter.  You're never more than a few steps away from parking lot or pavement.  I didn't complete the loop this time, I bailed out when I reached the grassy area between the pool parking lot and the golf course, and walked back to my car on the park's main road.


But there are times, as you walk, where you feel like you're deep in the woods.  A quiet, contemplative walk.   I ran into other walkers a couple of times, but for the most part I was alone.

 Bringing my iPod would have felt sacrilegious.

But next time I'll bring some Off!

Comments

  1. All these "yes, it's so great to hike in nature posts" don't mention the true nature of walking in nature. There are insects. Lots of them. At my upstate New York home, it's impossible to garden without gnats swarming around your face. I'm still trying to find something natural that works. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A