Brooklyn Diner

Brooklyn Diner USA Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

A stand-alone restaurant in the middle of West 57th Street, a huge red sign proclaims this place to be a  DINER.  Comfortably spaced tables and booths -- ask for a booth under the window if you need access to an electrical outlet to charge your phone. Small brass plaques salute the "celebrities" who have dined here.  (The only name I recognized on our booth was Storm Field, a NYC TV weatherman.) I love the mural salute to Ebbets Field.

The food is a bit pricy (we're in the Theater District, after all), tending towards burgers and sandwiches.  Portions tend to be rather large.

I was craving pastrami.  My sandwich was served on toasted rye bread, with almost as much meat as you might find at the Carnegie Deli down the street.  The meat was tender and flavorful.  The sandwich was accompanied by a kosher pickle and a carrot slaw (carrots and raisins in a sweet vinaigrette).

I could not resist the lure of their famed noodle kugel, a pudding made from egg noodles, cheese and raisins.  Sweet but not overpowering, it's a dish I look forward to the next time I'm here. 

Overall a very pleasant experience. 

Comments

  1. This ex-New Yorker's stomach is growling! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A