Visit to the city

 Drew and I took the train into the city yesterday.  We went to the new Long Island Railroad terminal at Grand Central Station instead of our usual Penn Station.  Penn is on the west side, at 34th and 7th,  Grand Central is at 42nd and Lexington.  Until recently Long Islanders who wanted to be on the east side had to either go to Penn and then backtrack across town orb get off the train in Queens and take the subway, but now …the new concourse is sleek and modern.

The reason we went to Grand Central?  Brunch with Becca and her fiancé and his parents. A little pre-wedding get together.  The restaurant is on 30th and 3rd, a 20 minute walk from Penn or a 20 minute walk from Grand Central, but going to Grand Central gave us the option to take the subway if it rained.

And yes, rain was in the forecast, so we each took an umbrella.  It didn’t start to rain until we were on a train going home.  I’m sure we would have gotten caught in a downpour if we’d left the umbrellas home.

So we walked to and from Grand Central, and it felt good!  Not too long ago, when we’d go to the city, I could barely walk a full block without stopping to catch my breath.  I feel like I’ve recovered my city credentials.

I loved Banc Cafe.  I had a hamburger on a gluten free bun with a side of fries.  Drew had steak Benedict…it really looked good.  

On the way home we drove past the new house.  The tenants were still in the process of moving.  I hope they finished taking their stuff last night, I’m anxious to get the keys today.

Comments

  1. It must have been nice to get into the city. Good luck on your move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one time, I spent a lot of time in New York and stayed at the Marriott at 48th and Lexington. New York is a great place to walk...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!