Music Monday — I’m talking baseball …

 And this week’s theme?

Songs that make you think of sports or other outdoor activities.

Hmm, what do I know about sports?


  

The game can’t get started until …




This one is about some of the greatest in the sport.

 

My loyalty lies with a certain team



  

And 1986 was a magical year for my team



  

Of course, there is another team in NYC



  

They even inspired a Broadway musical


  

Another Broadway moment


  

Back to my favorite team, And a favorite from Citi Field 

  

The Mets even have a bona fide singer on the team.



  


A little something from Peter, Paul and Mary




Before I play the last song … two clips that do not contain music.

First up, a magical moment from the 1986 World Series.  Game 6, and the Red Sox led the series 3-2.  Bottom of the 10th and Mookie Wilson came to bat …


  

The second clip is from the Mets-Braves game on 9/21/2001.  The first baseball game played in NYC after 9/11.


  

Back to the music.  I think we can all relate to Fogerty here …

  

Oh, alright, one more …



  
 Now, let’s go play some ball!



Comments

  1. Thank you that was fun and informative...I do like Billy Joel 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't think about summer without thinking about baseball, can you? There's a lot of music to go along with America's favorite past time. Fabulous job, my dear. Have a boogietastic week, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice songs, we both picked Willie, Mickey and the Duke. A very cool set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it you love baseball...lol. love that dance with Kelly and Sinatra from " Take Me Out to the Ballgame". The touch guys singing is also so much fun. I enjoyed listening and watching the videos. That was a tense game with the Mets. My brother is a huge baseball guy. He's been playing baseball since he was 6 or 7 yrs old and this will be his last year playing...he's 63. It will be an end to an era.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I didn't even know the Yankees had a theme song! My husband's entire family, except his siblings and his late father, are/were Yankees fans. His Dad made sure his children were Mets fans. My husband, as a boy, even saw some games at the Polo Grounds. Can you sing the jingle "My beer is Rheingold the dry beer...?" That has been ingrained in my mind since the 60's and I enjoyed Billy Joel singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" where the photo had him holding a can of Rheingold - some of these songs and clips brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my baseball pedigree. Dad was from Brooklyn and a Dodgers fan. Mom was a Yankees fan from the Bronx. Their first official date took place at Yankee Stadium, he took her to see DiMaggio play.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!