Ramblings

 We are still setting up the new house …

 I don’t have a functioning kitchen yet, our priorities were elsewhere, but I’m getting tired of takeout, so we are prioritizing that area …

I’m getting used to the post office delivering my mail mid afternoon instead of mid morning — we’re in a different zip code and therefore on a different delivery route. 

A word about Ring doorbells … I bought one when I lived in the apartment but never installed it.  When Drew and I moved into the other house last year, we installed the Ring doorbell, and we’ve gotten very used to being able to see what’s going on in front of the house.  Ring doorbells can only be installed or uninstalled with a special tool.   When we moved out of the house, Drew told me “We can’t take the doorbell, I must have packed the tool.”  Little did he realize I was looking for an excuse to upgrade to a better model …

So it was Prime Day, and I was able to buy the doorbell and a security camera for what normally would be the price of the doorbell alone.  The battery is charging now …I really do like being able to answer my door without getting off the couch …

Now I just have to figure out where to put the camera. 

Yeah, I spent a little bit of money at Amazon to get the things we need in this house. But it’s coming along.  The goal is to be able to invite friend over during Labor Day weekend.  I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.

Comments

  1. Most neighbors in my area don't use the front door, so when someone knocks we know it's a stranger/salesperson! We have carports with a door straight into the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a front door facing the street and a back door to my fenced yard. That’s how most of the houses here were built.

      Delete
  2. I would assume that the bedroom is the first priority. And bathroom. Once you can sleep, then you worry about eating. I hope the kitchen unpacking goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mail use to come about noon. But who knows now days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!