And … moved

 So what was packed must now be unpacked.  Fun…

Two bewildered kitties are wondering why the furniture is right but the rooms are all wrong.  Tentative exploration has begun. As long as they can find their food bowls, the litter boxes and a comfortable place to sleep, they’ll be fine.

I spotted a robin on my lawn. You know how I feel about robins.  Funny, but while we saw lots of birds at the other house, I never saw a robin on our lawn.  Maybe that was a sign I didn’t belong in that house? 

The property manager advised us that our next door neighbor suffers from a common suburban malady known as “I own the street.”  She warned us to not park our cars in front of our neighbor’s house.  No worries — I drive a Prius C and Drew drives a Pacifica, we have no other cars, and our driveway can accommodate four cars.  But our neighbor?  They have three cars, can park only two in their driveway, and park the third in a spot that’s halfway in front of their house and halfway in front of ours. Can you say “chutzpah”?  Not worth arguing about.  Place those neighbors on “ignore”.

And two doors down there’s another neighbor we will ignore.  We do not agree politically.  Need I say more? 

Let the unpacking commence.

Comments

  1. While it's a free-for-all parking on the street, it is irritating when neighbors, who can park in front of their own house, park in front of mine! Especially on garbage day, where do I put my cans? I'm surprised you were advised not to park in front of the neighbor's house. It's not their street! It may be best, but still... you may have guests over that need to park there.
    Yes, "ignore" is the best thing with those other kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have great neighbors. They belong branch of Mennonites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, not "I own the street syndrome". I hope ignoring works. We've had various neighbors over the years because our neighborhood is increasingly full of rental houses (in other words, tenants come and go). We had a wonderful many year relationship with one rental couple (childless, they spent time with my then teen son) until her husband, tragically, died from cancer and the wife ended up moving. But too many stay a year or so and then move on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I visit my father, I've been warned not to park in front of the rock star mother's house. Usually that's not an issue. Some people... (Yes, his neighbor is the mother of an actual rock star. You may have heard of him.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!