Ramblings

 So the wedding is over … I can finally say I have a son-in-law …can’t wait to see the professional photos and the video.

I should mention that the wedding caterer was very sensitive to food allergies.  It seems I’m not the only one on a gluten free diet — one of the bridesmaids is gluten free, she has an autoimmune disease and her endocrinologist recommended she avoid gluten and dairy.  One of my friends is allergic to tomatoes and another friend has multiple food allergies.  Caterer was able to accommodate all of us.

The bridesmaid told Becca I should try Bare Naked Bakery. Great minds think alike. Their gluten free bread is amazing,

July is almost over and I still haven’t been to the beach.  I’ve been to the pool exactly once.  I’m starting to feel deprived.

We’re settling in to the new house.  Finally have the furniture set up where we want it. But some of the rooms aren’t fully organized yet. I still can’t find the charger for my Kindle.  I know it’s in the house somewhere  but I don’t know where. It’s easy to replace, but I’m sure I’ll find it eventually.

Meanwhile I’m still getting emails about potential rental properties. Yesterday I got one for the house we used to rent.  No, thank you.  And the house where the landlord turned us down … that property is still available, too. Really dodged a bullet.

So life is slowly getting back to normal around here.  And that’s not a bad thing.



Comments

  1. Given the number of people with food sensitivities, you almost have to be sensitive to them if you're a caterer. Happy that things are getting back to normal, whatever that meAn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't been to the beach? Not like you've been busy or anything... A wedding and moving and everything else... I hope you get some relaxing time soon and do get to enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your August is a bit less busy now that the wedding and the move are, for the most part, over with. That was a lot to work through. Hope you can get to the beach and finally relax soon. So many people have food sensitivities nowadays-sadly, you are in good company but it does make working with these diets a lot easier than even just a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!