Saturday 9

 

Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer (1963)

 Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Nat King Cole sings about enjoying "soda and pretzels and beer." Which of those three would we find in your kitchen right now?

Drew drinks Coke, I drink Diet Pepsi.  He has a bag of pretzels, I’ve got gluten-free pretzels.  Neither of us likes beer.


2) The lyrics mention a romantic movie. Which movie couple do you believe had onscreen chemistry? 

Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

3) He wishes "summer could always be here." How has your summer been so far?

Hectic.  A crisis at work.  We’re moving house today.  My daughter is getting married in two weeks.  I haven’t been to the beach at all, and I’ve been to the pool only once.

4) According to the song, a great warm weather meal includes sandwiches and weinies. Tell us about your perfect sandwich or, if you prefer, what you believe is the ideal way to dress a hot dog.

Ketchup and relish on my hot dog, please.

5) Nat was a big baseball fan. Growing up in Chicago he played sandlot games and listened to Cubs games on the radio. As an adult he was a season ticket holder at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Do you enjoy playing/watching baseball or softball? 

Seriously? Don’t you know me already?








6) The lyrics of this week's song were written by Charlie Tobias, who wanted to create a sense of nostalgia for summers gone by. Share one of your special summer memories.

I recently discovered a Facebook group for people who attended the same day camp I did.  I’ve been reliving those memories.  I blogged about it here.  Sports, arts and crafts, horseback riding, archery, music, dance, nature walks and (of course) swimming.

7) In 1963, one of the best-selling books was Happiness Is a Warm Puppy by Charles Schultz. The cover showed Lucy giving Snoopy a big hug. Name another character from the Peanuts comic strip.

Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Sally, Schroeder, Pigpen, Peppermint Patty, Marcie, Franklin, Woodstock …

8) Also in 1963, men were wearing thin, solid-color ties. Later in the decade, ties would become wider, patterned and more colorful. Where do you turn to keep up with fashion trends?

 I’m really not into fashion trends.

9) Random question: Would you rather be a cowboy or a pirate?





Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

  1. #3: OMG, you poor girl. That's A LOT! #9: I suspect you might be this week's only pirate. Though that Buffett song reminds me of another, "I Could Have Been a Sailor" by Peter Allen. There is. romance to the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move! I hope you love your new house. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice weekend! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat my hot dogs like you do, and I chose pirate, too, except I went into a long fantasy about it. You are doing a LOT with a move and a wedding! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have some beach time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heavens...moving AND a wedding? Amazing. I've heard it's "sacrilegious" to put catsup on hotdogs...but it seems like most of us do! I use catsup AND mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care. At least you have baseball to keep you grounded :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!