Saturday 9

 

Waiting for Tonight

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: Waiting for Tonight (1999)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn't have to be as thrilling as hers.)

Drew's birthday is tomorrow, so tonight we're going out to eat to celebrate the occasion.

2) She sings that she's glad she's beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night?

I tend to be a restless sleeper lately.
 
3) Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won't include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What's the last adult beverage you enjoyed?

I like my Prosecco,  though I don't indulge often.

4) Ms. Lopez performed "Waiting for Tonight" during last year's Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend? 

I am not a football fan.  I'll find the commercials and the entertainment on YouTube later if anything sounds interesting.
 
5) Speaking of this weekend, The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his?

I don't even know who he is.

6) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it?

Mexican food a few weeks ago, I had guacamole with dinner.

7) Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared?

I sautéed boneless chicken breast with vegetables and seasonings.

8) This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl?

As I said, I'll find the good commercials on YouTube.

9) Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naïve than you really are, or more sophisticated?

At my age I no longer pretend, but when I was younger...naïve suburban white girl pretending to be NYC sophisticate, that was me.

Now I ask my daughter-who-lives-in-Manhattan if I hear about something "cutting edge" ...


Comments

  1. Going out to eat....I am so jealous. Our restaurants are still shut down. I miss eating out the most in these crazy times....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all big chicken eaters here at Sat 9. So far, no one has said, "I can't remember." I wonder if it's because chicken is so versatile, or so affordable ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also will wait until the commercials come out on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, do I miss going out to eat with my friends. Cooking for one is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't been in a restaurant since March of last year. We have purchased carry-out, but not eaten inside. Instead we've had picnics in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen anybody who has heard of The Weekend yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Drew! Enjoy your night out!
    I wonder how disappointed The Weekend would be to know none of us have a clue who he is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time celebrating Drew's birthday! Happy Birthday, Drew! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to the Drew!
    I miss our family get-together on Holidays ..like everyone else in the group. Hopefully we will be through to the other-side of this pandemic by the end of summer.
    our restaurants opened then closed, but we are in a group that is challenged by age or condition, so we just get curb side delivery, about three times a week,from our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't watch the game either. They just opened the restaurants for outdoor dining again. I still don't feel all that comfortable dining out, but takeout has gotten me through many many months.

    Happy birthday to Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Drew.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday