Just an ordinary Instagram post ...

 The young woman in the gray turtleneck looked at her phone.  She spoke casually, as if addressing friends. Twice during the discussion she accidentally knocked over her phone.  She told her Instagram followers “I just want to tell you guys what really happened.“

She sounded just like my daughters‘ friends, like any young woman in her late 20s or early 30s.  So familiar.

But it was not an ordinary young woman whose Instagram I was watching. It was a Congresswoman. A Congresswoman who had to flee for her life on January 6. A Congresswoman  who thought she was going to die.

A Congresswoman hiding in a bathroom, waiting to die.  

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told her story last night.


We cannot move on, we cannot heal, without accountability.

Comments

  1. Those whom we'd hold accountable cling to lies and conspiracy theories. I wish I even knew how to talk to such people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC when that broke, and he had Rep. Katie Porter on the show. She got a chance to tell it from her perspective. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sad thing (among other sad things) is that AOC will continue to be attacked and I am already convinced that our former President will get off scott free. I had gone to sleep before the end of Rachel Maddow and missed this all. I need to catch up. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to her Instagram you can watch the entire 90 minutes.

      Tonight I saw the President and Dr. Biden pay respects to Officer Sicknick as he lies in honor at the Capitol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday