Linda Beigel Schulman

 She’s making the rounds of cable news networks again.  So brave, so inspirational, so dedicated to her cause.


I’ve seen her speak twice, in 2018 after the after the shooting at Tree of Life Synagogue, and then again last year at a campaign event for Congressman Tom Suozzi.







Her son, Scott Beigel, was the heroic teacher who died on February 14, 2018 while saving the lives of his students at the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

She is such a powerful speaker.

She was never trained as a public speaker.  She is powerful because she speaks from the heart.

Scott Beigel  graduated from the same high school I attended.  His family belongs to “the other” synagogue in our community.  Schulman still lives here.  Maybe that’s why I identify with her so closely.  She sounds like my next-door neighbor because she is my neighbor.



I cannot imagine her pain, but I admire her courage.






 


Comments

  1. I hope to see your neighbor on cable TV. I've had enough of Marjorie Taylor Green and people like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her on MSNBC talking about Greene ... She didn't call Greene a liar, but did say that Greene seemed to have a problem with the truth...I much prefer what Schulman had to say....

      Delete
  2. We never know when we or our neighbor or friend will become part of history, and bear the burden of witnessing. I believe I saw Ms. Schulman on MSNBC, too. As for Greene - the fact that so many in Congress support her sickens me more than Greene herself. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re right. If not for the Parkland shooting I would never have heard the name Linda Beigel Schulman. We live in the same community, but it’s a large community.

      Delete
  3. There is something about someone from your neighborhood who speaks with the same accent, has the same cadences to your own speech, that makes her voice feel close to home. Such a terrible reason for her to become so prominent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sound like a wonderful person.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A