Music Monday

And since today is President's Day, I chose this theme for us:


 President’s Day.  The President is the leader of the country, leader of the free world.  Let’s have songs about leadership. 

So let's start with something cute from Disney:



Let's go ride with the leader of the pack.




Fogelberg called his dad "The Leader of the Band"





Neil Young was looking for a leader in the fall of 2020 (very political song, and you know what my politics are...)



And let's end it with something fun.  Remember Gary Glitter? He had a great song, perfect for today's theme.  But I couldn't include his music because...well... He came to a very bad end, didn't he?

I was so happy to find out that the Spice Girls covered the song. My kids loved the Spice Girls! And the song is a lot of fun.





Comments

  1. Great minds, yes, we duplicated a couple of songs. I never thought of Neil Young-shame on me. I never would have thought of Peter Pan, though, or that Spice Girls cover. So it's all good! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leader of the Pack brings back some fond memories of my teen years. I wanted a motorcycle, but it was just not going to happen.
    I love the Neil Young song. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have been lead by real leaders in over two decades. We are simply being manipulated by politicians who will promise anything to get elected. In that respect, both parties are nearly the same. It's a sad situation. One might ask, "Where have all the leaders gone." Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for some reason when I first came here I got "Failed to connect" to all the music posting.than when I hit the post a comment I was able to see the music you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great songs here, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin,

    Great theme for this week. You picked some good ones. I wasn't familiar at all with the "Leader of the Gang" cover the Spice Girls did but I enjoyed it. Dan Fogelberg has a wonderful voice. I love his stuff! Thanks for sharing the dance floor with me and have a boogietastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday