Music Monday

It's February!  And I am pleased to be the honorary co-hostess of this blog hop!

Today's theme?  Well, February 1 is National Baked Alaska Day.  It is also Candy-making Day, Candy Decorating Day and Dark Chocolate Day.  So let’s have songs about “sweet” things.

And what could be sweeter than sugar?





Yeah, in 1969 I would have been watching the Archies on Saturday morning TV.

A few weeks ago, on Winnie the Pooh Day, several bloggers posted songs about honey.   I had to include one here.  Didn't know which one to pick, then the sad news came...Jimmie Rodgers passed away at age 87.






And now I want some candy....






Frankie Valli found his candy girl.





Sammy Davis Jr.  was the Candy Man, wasn't he?






Pentatonix prefer cookies.





Peter Yarrow prefers something sweeter....(Jimmie Rodgers --among others -- also had a version, but I prefer this one.)






And we will wrap it up with Laura Benanti's stunning performance in She Loves Me.

As background, George and Amalia are coworkers who dislike each other.  Each of them has been writing to a  romantic pen pal, without knowing the pen pal's true identity.    George finds out that Amalia is his pen pal, and that she plans to meet her pen pal in a cafe.  After a horrible evening, where George convinces Amalia that her mysterious pen pal is old and fat, Amalia is devastated.  When she calls in sick to work the next day, George brings her vanilla ice cream...





Comments

  1. Robin,

    It's great having you as this month's honorary co-hostess, my dear. What a funtastic music prompt for the start of the sweetest month of the year! Your songs are top notch picks. "Sugar Sugar" was a tempting choice but I stirred away from it but like you my Saturday mornings would've been with me clued in front of the TV watching The Archies. Those were the days, right? lol In recent years I've come to appreciate vanilla ice cream all the more. I didn't know there was a song "Vanilla Ice Cream" until now. Have a boogietastic day, pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great songs there. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum remembers Bow Bow Wow from her teens. Nice selection x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice set. Rubber Ducky? The Pentatonix visit with the Cookie Monster brought a smile to my face. 1 2 3 4 5... The Vanilla Ice Cream song was new to me and it had some fantastic parts. Nice set. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday